Thursday 27 June 2013

Fabric Tissue Pouch Tutorial...

So I found these on Pinterest and loved them so much I made a tutorial! 


First you need to chose your fabrics. One for the lining and one for the outside. So that I can quickly make lots of these I also made a 6" X 7" template/pattern. 


Cut one rectangle out of each fabric...


Sew all the way round leaving a gap on one of the 6" sides (remember to backstitch these) 


Snip off the corners... 


Turn the right way and use scissors to push the corners out...


Press with an iron so that you get a nice smooth finish once its all stitched together. 


Top stitch the 6" side where the turning gap is and then the other 6" side to match! 


Now chose which fabric you want to be on the outside and which will be the lining... 


Fold the two top stitched sides to the centre. The fabric you chose for your lining should be facing you...


Top stitch each end (not the sides you have already top stitched) 


Turn out the right way and your done! These Would be cute as an inexpensive gift or like this one great in my bag! It took me literally minutes to make and I am now using all my scraps to make lots more! 


Found this picture on google. There are so many more things you could add to them like buttons or embellishments or even a key ring loop! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment