Sunday 19 May 2013

Get Stamping magazine review...

Whilst browsing the craft magazines in my local WHSmiths (and realising I have way too many subscriptions!) I came across a new magazine. Get Stamping is the newest magazine published by practical publishing (www.practicalpublishing.co.uk) I am a huge lover of stamping and already have a massive collection but as any stamper knows you can never have enough! And that is exactly what drew me in to Get Stamping. Each issue comes with a free stamp set worth over £10! The magazine is filled with lots of projects and ideas of how to use your free stamps including cardmaking, scrapbooking, art journaling and more! 

Editor Stephanie de Geus and her team have created a fantastic range of projects that cover all occasions and have made one of the best crafts magazines I have found to date. (And I have read a LOT of craft magazines! So that is quite a compliment!) 




Issue one came with this stamp set AND the acrylic block and ink. (Amazing value as the magazine only cost £7.99, totally worth it!) 

Not only is the magazine full of great projects but also hints and tips of how to look after your stamps, how to chose inks and tools, and guides to techniques that help take your cards from beginner to intermediate to advanced level. It also has new on latest products, websites, stockists and events. 

What I really love about the magazine is all the projects included in the magazine use one or more of the stamps free with the magazine. This is a great way of building your skills as a stamper/crafter and shows how versatile just one stamp set can be! 

Here is the first project that I have made using my free stamp set...


The ink was lovely to use, often free ink pads can be dry and hard to stamp with, this one however was a joy to use and an excellent quality of ink. 


The stamps print perfectly clear with even ink coverage and no cracks or uneven lines. 


My variation on the project in the magazine. This was so quick to make as the stamps did all the work for me. It only took me ten minutes to make the completed card (and envelope which I stamped with the moustache) I love the finished result! 


Issue two of Get Stamping is out now! And I shall be picking up my copy in the morning! X

No comments:

Post a Comment